Thursday, March 13, 2008

Gear

Matt came home pretty happy Saturday night. He finally purchased some things he has been tracking for awhile. He was trying to snag a great deal on ebay, but no great deal was to be had. So, with the help of a 20 percent off coupon, some birthday money and the "necessity" of having-the right-gear-because-I'm-a-scoutmaster he was able to bring it all home.

I complain sometimes of how much time scouting takes, but I really am happy to see him interested and doing such a great job and I know all the work will also benefit our boys too.






I've tried to post this many times and the pictures wouldn't upload so lets hope this time works.

6 comments:

Andrea S. said...

I'm sitting here laughing because Aaron is exactly the same way. I love that he and Matt have such a great relationship and that they can talk to each other about "gear" for hours. I see many camping/backpacking/fishing outings in our future!!!

Morris Family said...

Hey Britt, I totally understand hating scouting and the time it takes away from family. I wanted to curse scouts when ever camp outs were talked about. But at the same time it was fun to see John get excited about it all. Hang in there. love ali

Morris Family said...

Oh and another thing it does help with preparedness. With all of the gear you have to buy. We have all of the camping gear so if there is a emergancy and we have to leave our home. I just thought I would point out another positive. love ali

Hilary said...

Zac will be so jealous when he sees this. He is a total gear fanatic. I can't believe how much that stuff actually costs!
I'm sure that stuff will come in handy with all those boys you have!

Corie said...

What a great excuse for camping gear! The scouts in your ward are lucky to have Matt as their leader and you're right, it will be great for your boys.

SkidsKids said...

I know my son is c-r-a-z-y!!!! It doesn't surprise me one bit -- buying all that gear. He is a chip off the old block -- that is, he is just like his Dad!!!!
Thank you Britt for encouraging him to be the best scout leader he can be, even if that means buying "gear".
Just think -- you and the boys will able to join him or should I say you can have a day alone all by yourself.