Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Bit Wet

Another tradition we have is to visit the national tree.  It is a lovely setting between the White House and the Washington Memorial.  There is the huge tree with trains running all around it and then there are trees for every state.  We love standing by the enormous yule log and listening to the Christmas music.  A new addition this year was Santa's workshop.  We even got to go inside and the boys got to sit on Santa's lap and have their picture taken, for free even.  (Oops, I'm not sure what happened to that picture.)  Our visit was brief this year because it was raining a little too much.  I didn't bring umbrellas and I found out that my coat is NOT water resistant and down filling doesn't smell very good when it gets all wet.  


1 comment:

Andrea S. said...

It looks like you should talk to Matt about using his precious REI dividends to buy you a nice waterproof coat. Let me know how it goes...