Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Christmas

Maybe you thought we didn't survive the trip home. Well, we did and it actually wasn't too terrible and so I'm already planning when to go out for the summer. We all had a great vacation and we loved being with our families. We did so many fun things, but here are just a few pictures. One highlight was when Santa visited Grandma Geri's house.  The kids all got to sit on his lap and get a balloon just for them.  Cameron was scared at first but then once he saw the candy canes he was totally willing to talk to Santa.

Unfortunately, I didn't take a good group picture of Christmas Eve, but it was a nice party at Hill and Tom's with Grandpa Arch.  Thanks for the creepy spider.  Eek!
This is Christmas morning after the boys saw what Santa brought them.  It was fun to watch them play with their new things.  We enjoyed breakfast and the homemade eggnog with the Skidmore side of the family, and then opened more presents.  




Here are the Cheney cousins in new PJs.

We went on a sleigh ride the next day.  It was cold and some of the little ones were crying, but it was beautiful and even lightly snowing.  Then we had lunch around a fire and went four wheeling in the snow.  We loved being at Mom and Ennis' Woodland home.




Cam looked so cute in his hat and tie!

The days we spent in Eden were lots of fun.  Skiing was definitely a highlight and we were impressed by how well all the kids did.  We all had fun sledding and playing games.  I tried to track down killer bunnies but amazon is sold out!  I guess I'll have to wait.  


We miss all of you already.  I admit I have been a little blue, so come and visit anytime!

6 comments:

Hillary Garner said...

Yeah Britt! I've been checking your blog daily to see if you've posted. I thought the holidays were so fun this year! We miss you!

Hilary said...

We love you and your family so much! It was so fun spending time with you guys.
Fun pictures.

Morris Family said...

Hey it was fun seeing your holiday pictures. I know how it is to try to get settle back into everyday life. I haven't posted since we got back. Try the mall at a game speciality shop. That is where we found Killer Bunnies. We had tons of fun. Love you!
Ali

Hilary said...

I just noticed Sam isn't in the pj picture. Was he curled up in a blanket somewhere ;)

Andrea S. said...

You know we'd be on a plane to VA in heartbeat if we could. I'm trying to figure out when we'll be able to come visit this year. We need to go down to Richmond and Charlottesville and do some scouting for the CRNA programs.

It really was so fun to have you guys home for the Holidays. I'm already counting down the months until your summer trip-bring on Jackson Hole!

Grandma Geri said...

It was a wonderful Christmas...it was SOOOO fun to have you all up to the Country House. I'm glad you had your camera and we got at least one shot of the hay ride! Cute birthday pictures Nate! Sue do love you all! Grandma Geri