Thursday, January 17, 2008

Nate is 10

We have a child in double digits. Oh my heck! We started the day with a big french toast breakfast (with lots of whipped cream-Nate's fav). I bought a big cake and we invited Nate's friend over. I was upstairs getting ready and Matt was on a bike ride, and when I came down I heard this smacking noise. On the counter in the kitchen was Cameron pounding the cake. The only think that saved it was that it was still covered with the plastic wrap, otherwise I'm sure the cake would have been demolished. I guess it was good that we didn't have a party because the cake looked like someone sat on it. We put candles on it anyway and sang Happy Birthday! I still can't figure out what I was thinking buying such a huge cake??? We ate one row and then we couldn't even share it because it looked so funny. Oh well. I think Nate had a good day. He got Madden '08 for their DS and we went to Alvin and the Chipmunks and Five Guys for dinner.  



5 comments:

Hillary Garner said...

Wow Natie! Happy 10th b-day! I love the look on Spencer's face in that first picture. Cam...what a stinker:)

Hilary said...

happy birthday Nate! we love you! sorry to hear about your cake.

Sue said...

I looooove that picture of Nate with the candle! It looks like it just came out of Family Fun magazine.

Andrea S. said...

Happy Birthday Nate-I still can't believe you have a 10 year old. Then again since you look the ripe old age of 15 in your engagement picture it could be possible....

That is too funny about Cameron and the cake-you sure have your hands full with 4 crazy boys.

Morris Family said...

Happy birthday Nate!!! I can't belive you are ten which means that Hannah will also be ten this year. I hope you had a great birthday. I am sure that cake tasted just the same as a none smushed cake. Love you ali