Sunday, July 20, 2008

Camping with Dad

The first weekend we were in Utah we went camping up Big Cottonwood Canyon with my Dad and the Merrills and the Cheneys.  The idea made him nervous at first but then I could tell he was excited about it.He bought all the kids fishing poles and as usual he brought tons of food and equipment.  We had to be flexible with our camp sites but we felt lucky to even get one-the Spruces campground is really popular.  
On Saturday morning we had to take down camp by 9 am and wait for another site to open.  We were still eating breakfast at 8:30 and my dad thought there was no way that we would all be able to clean up in time.  But, we got the kids helping and soon the tents were down, bags to the cars, chairs folded, and we were done.  He was impressed!  
We hiked to Donut falls that morning.  Well almost, we got a little lost in the brush trying to avoid crossing through the river.  We did end up with a nice view though.  Hill and Tom joined us Saturday afternoon.  The cousins played and played and we enjoyed sitting around the fire, eating good meals, walks, bike rides, and naps.  I was so glad everyone was able to come.  I love family activities when we get to spend all day together and it makes me happy to see by boys having fun with their cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents!  I especially loved being in the mountains with the crisp air.  Visiting the Brighton area feels like home to me. 
















1 comment:

Merrill Family said...

That was a really fun camping trip. I love the pictures you took, such a perfect one of Dad.It was so fun having you here. Miss you all.