Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Jamestown

This day was quite cold but we still enjoyed exploring a new place.  We saw turtles in the water off of the boardwalk and got to see a real archeological dig.  The old church was beautiful and there were a lot of cool things--like skeletons--to look at in the museum.  Cam was so cold down by the water that he was crying.  I should have posted his mad face. 
Pocahontas and my soldiers

With Grandma Geri and Grandpa Ennis






 My favorite thing of the visit was going to the glass blower.  It was so cool to see them molding the hot glass.  I'm sure it is a lot harder than they made it look.  I bought a glass ball to put in our sun room to remember it by.  Don't you just love Red Bud Trees in the spring?  I love that tight purple blossom with the bright fresh green shoots coming up around this time of year!

No comments: