Sunday, August 16, 2009

New Challenge


I got to go and see this movie last night and I loved it. I really liked Meryl Streep as Julia Childs. Seeing this movie made me want to try something new. I like to cook, although i don't think I have ever cooked anything very french, and so I thought it would be fun to come up with my own challenge. So, I am going to try a new recipe once a week for a year. Along with this I hope to get my recipe files in order. No more little scraps of paper. Hopefully I can get all the recipes I use into the computer and then printed in a binder. As a nod to Julie Powell, I'll post the recipes I try and report on how it goes. Maybe this is a silly copycat idea but I'm acting a whim and who doesn't need some inspiration when it comes to preparing daily meals?! Wish me luck...

7 comments:

Hillary Garner said...

Fun B! I'm excited to see what you try and wish I could be there to sample some of your work:)

Morris Family said...

I have little scraps of paper with all my favorite recipes. I keep telling myself when I go to find one that I need to type these up and put them in my own cook book. What a great idea, Good Luck!
love ali

Hilary said...

I just saw that movie too! Cool you're actually doing something with the inspiration you gleaned. Can't wait to hear about the recipes you try.

jksfam said...

Recipe organization is something I need to tackle. With all the kids in school, it's on the list of things to do "with all my free time." I'm excited to see what you make!

Ash-face and J-pants said...

I think it's a fantastic idea. I'm excited to see the delicious things you'll make.

Jeni said...

Great idea! Scott would shiver with trepedation if I did that. I tend to like more funky things than he does. I made two or three new things last week and had about a 50% approval rating. I need to see that movie.

Andrea S. said...

I've heard this movie is so cute. Maybe when you're done compiling your cookbook you could send me a copy (just an idea) I really am so excited that you are doing this. Have I ever told you that you're my Julia (ha, ha). Really, I'm always wanting your recipes after we come visit or after you cook something.