Thursday, September 24, 2009

3

Made these for breakfast on Sunday morning. This recipe is from a friend who would share them when I went visiting teaching to her house. Yummy! Finally I made them myself. I like them because they are not too cakey. Do you know what I mean? They still taste like muffins and not a cupcake. However, I probably should have had the temperature at 375 because I used non stick pans and they got a little too done.


Chocolate Intesity Muffins

2 c. flour
3/4 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/4 c. sugar
1 T. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 large eggs
1 c. buttermilk
1/2 c. butter, melted
1 tsp. vanilla

Preheat oven to 400 degrees and move oven rack to top 3rd position. Coat 12 cup muffin tins including top edges-these are sticky muffins.

Sift cocoa with flour. Add sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Combine well. Whisk eggs, buttermilk, butter and vanilla until blended. Pour liquid over dry ingredients and fold with spatula. Do not overmix. Spoon into tins. Bake for 20 minutes until tester is clean.

Adding 1 c. semi-sweet chips optional. (Not really if you ask me.)

1 comment:

Andrea S. said...

Those look so good. I think I would end up eating the whole batch myself since Aaron claims he's not a chocolate fan. Maybe I should come to you and you can make them for me, then we could share the batch. Sound good? Great, I'll be on the next flight out.