Friday, March 12, 2010

Before and After: Garage

We've been gradually working on this since Christmas. Looking back at these pictures is somewhat embarassing. I knew it was bad, but I didn't realize it was THAT bad. We're not totally done, but I thought I should post some before and after because I can't believe what a change. We kinda want to paint the floor red or something fun. Would that be too crazy?

Credit for this goes to Nate for choosing to do this for his Family Life Merit Badge. Everyone in the family helped out. Cleaned, washed, swept, painted, hauled....Most of the credit goes to Matt of course. He spent many more hours out there than the rest of us. He still has plans for more shelving, but I think it is coming all nicely. Didn't he build a great workbench?

BEFORE:



AFTER:




3 comments:

Jeni said...

Can you come to my house? My garage sure could use that kind of makeover! It looks great!

Hillary Garner said...

ahhh...I love a good organization job! It looks great!

Andrea S. said...

Way to go Skidmore family! The garage looks great. I can't believe you can actually park cars and find things in your garage at the same time! Aaron is drooling over the kayaks hanging from the ceiling.

(ps-aaron says to tell you that you need to get your water jugs off the cement floor)