Thursday, February 21, 2008

Last Friday I got to meet Matt in NYC to stay for a night. We had a great time. We love walking around the streets of NY and we did A LOT of that. My feet were even sore for a couple of days. I took the bus up on Friday morning which wasn't as bad as it sounds. I would even do it again, especially for the great price. I walked around, had lunch, went to the Guggenheim museum and saw an interesting exhibit by a Chinese artist and also their permanent collection. I like Kandinsky.

Then I met Matt at the hotel which was on Broadway overlooking Times Square. Very cool. We had dinner at a little Thai restaurant and I even tried real sushi, and liked it. We went to a late movie (I don't want to talk about my attempt to get us show tickets) and then walked back to the hotel in the freezing wind.

Saturday we thought we would go to the Statue of Liberty. We hadn't gone for many years so we were very surprised to find soooo many people there. We knew we wouldn't have time to go all the way out and still make our train so we decided to go the art museum. After the subway ride and the walk across central park we got to art museum and realized we wouldn't have time to see it properly either. So, we just walked all down through Central Park and thought about bringing the boys someday soon.

We made our train and read most of the way home which was a treat. We really appreciated everyone who helped us with our boys. It was so nice to just be with Matt, to sleep in, and to go where we wanted whenever we wanted to. We do love those boys a whole ton, and I was happy to see them again.







11 comments:

Hillary Garner said...

What a fun little getaway! I love NY! I love that pic of you two on the bench! Call you soon!

Corie said...

I love all your pics--such talent! We have been in the middle of a new baby, a move, remodeling, and Christmas cards didn't even go out this year :( I'll have to send you an invite to our blog, too. I hope all is well in VA!

Corie said...

Oh, will you send me your email b/c all of my Christmas cards are still in a box! :)

Sue said...

How fun! I'm jealous. Justin had a medical seminar in NY a couple of years ago, so I tagged along. It was, by far, my favorite get-away with him.

Andrea S. said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. I wish it would have worked out to have you meet me in NY in May-we could have had a great time. We'll still have to plan a girls trip for another time.

I love the pictures-I hope I get to see a little of the city while I'm out there.

Sue said...

By the way...love, love, love the picture of you and Matt on the bench.

Sue said...

By the way (again)...I love your playlist. I'm gunna steal a few!

SkidsKids said...

Looking at your pictures brought back a lot of fun memories with you and Matt in New York. We had such fun didn't we!!!! Hopefully, we will get back there. Maybe we can plan an trip.

Give the boys a big hug from me and tell them I miss them and can't wait until the end of March!

Corie said...

I fogot to give you y email: corie_wyatt@yahoo.com

Grandma Geri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Grandma Geri said...

I'm SO happy you and Em got to spend some time together...nothing like sistas! You're pictures are WONDERFUL...colorful, expressive, and oh, those beautiful little boys!! Was sorry to hear that the EM had a fire...love that place! The kite flying looked SO fun. What a fabulous memory...playing in the Mall! Love ya'll!