Tuesday, October 6, 2009

5

Ever since I saw Ina Garten make this on her show I have wanted to try it. So when I saw those big plums at Costco last week I thought it was time. Then the boys, well, everybody was sick last week and so I didn't make it until Sunday. It was nice for a perfect fall day after watching conference.


Ingredients

  • 6 peaches, pitted and cut into quarters or eighths
  • 6 plums or Italian prune plums, pitted and quartered or halved
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2 cups fresh raspberries
  • 2 tablespoons orange juice

Directions

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.

Place the peaches and plums snugly in a single layer, cut side up, in 2 glass or porcelain oven-proof baking dishes. Sprinkle with the sugar, and then top with the raspberries. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until tender.

Heat the broiler and place the fruit about 5 inches below the heat and broil for 5 to 8 minutes, until the berries release some of their juices.

Remove from the broiler and sprinkle with orange juice. Serve warm, at room temperature, or chilled.




We had it with ice cream on top!

3 comments:

Sue said...

holy yummy, batman!

Hilary said...

sounds yummy! I'll have to try that one. Our neighbors gave us a bunch of plums and i need more recipes. Plum cake is the only other one i've tried and we all loved it. Thx for the post.

Andrea S. said...

I think that looks amazingly delicious. I really wish I lived closer so I could taste all the yuminess you are posting!