Monday, September 29, 2008

Eight is Great


Spencer was baptized last week and it was a great day! My mom and Matt's mom and dad were able to fly out for the weekend and to participate in the baptism. We held it at our church on Sunday night and it was great to have so many friends and ward members come to support him. I thought there was such a nice spirit at the meeting.

Nate, Spence, and Sam sang "When I Am Baptized" (the rainbow one) and it was so sweet, I was tearing up at the piano. I am really proud of Spencer. He is a thoughtful, loving boy and he has really taken this decision seriously. He reads his scriptures and is a good example to all of us. At the dinner after, I felt so blessed to have the family and friends that I have. I love my boys so much and Matt is a valiant father for them. I felt a little like John, that there is no greater joy than to see my children walk in truth.



5 comments:

Hillary Garner said...

Congratulations Spencer! We are so proud of you and you are such a good example to us! I too think you are such a loving little boy and I love how thoughtful, gentle and kind you are to my girls! We love you! Oh and B...love the hair!:) Your whole family just looks great! We miss you!

Merrill Family said...

Oh, I wish we could have been there. It sounds like it was a really neat day. Congratulations!

Hilary said...

Way to go Spencer! You have made such a wonderful decision, we're proud of you. We also think you are a great example and wish we could have been there on your special day.
We love you!

Andrea S. said...

We are so proud of Spencer--too bad you didn't have enough room at hour house to have the whole family come out for the event. We would have loved to have been there! We are so proud of you Spencer & the decision you made to be baptized.

Grandma Geri said...

I'm SOOOO happy I was able to be there for the baptism and spend some time with all of you. Highlights...READING EVERY NIGHT TO THE BOYS, adventuring up to the fort and finding rare and dangerous mushrooms, driving through DC and feeling proud to be an American, watching the boys play soccor, being with Brittany in the kitchen preparing food for the after baptism dinner, lunch in Occoquain? Well...I loved EVERY minute and will look forward to coming again soon. I love ya'll!