Sunday, October 26, 2008

Annual Cox Farm Visit

There are going to be a LOT of pictures in this post. Cox Farm was perfect this year. It was a gorgeous day, not too crowded, and the boys loved it--maybe as much as Nana! Their tractor ride is so fun. Favorite parts are when the star wars music plays and the aliens come down to the tractor,(They always surprise at least one of my boys and this year it was Nate) and the barn with the lights and music.
The best slide this year was the volcano slide, well, maybe the huge dinosaur slide, well, maybe the castle slides, maybe the tunnel slide. The slides are fun enough that I am glad to have Cameron as an excuse to go down myself. Actually, he did not want help and he did great on his own. The boys seemed to slide extra fast this year.
At the end of the day we each got to pick a pumpkin and now they can't wait to carve them.  We are so glad that Nana could come out to go with us.  Cox Farm wouldn't be the same without her now. 

The view from the top of the Dino slide.  We tried to have races down but all lanes are not created equal on that slide.


My worried goat feeders.  The goats do get aggressive so I don't blame them for being cautious.  They bit Cams food out of his hands in about 2 seconds.  I thought it was so cute of Nate to hold his hand and take care of him.
The goat whisperer.
Cam did the cutest scootchy (Is that a word?) thing with his legs on this slide.
Sam kept twisting and coming out almost backwards.
Nate and Spence would slide and then stand right up.  They were cracking us up.

So cute how they were giving fives to each other on the way down.

This was the entrance to a new section called Cornundrum. It was a corn maze with fun things along the way like a twirling vortex in the dark. Cam was completely freaked out by this gorilla. We had to ask him to walk away so we could get in. I love that the boys thought it was real.


See what a beautiful day!!!

Some of the animals we saw.  The always have a batch? of new piglets.  You can't believe how tiny they are compared to their huge mama.  Piggies are so cute, I guess I still kinda like them.






4 comments:

Andrea S. said...

Cox farm looks like such a blast. I don't care where we're living next year---I'm coming with you! Now I can see why Nana plans her visit this time every year.

Hilary said...

Wow! That place is amazing!!! So cute how the boys were giving high fives! Great pics!

SkidsKids said...

Hey, my life wouldn't be complete without coming to Cox farm -- really my life wouldn't be complete without you and the boys. I just l-o-v-e you all sooooo much. So I owe you a million thanks for letting me visit you and be a part of the things you do!!!
I really enjoyed the pictures and they brought back more than just a year's worth of memeories.

Merrill Family said...

What a fun place!! Your boys look so grown up. I like the picture with the car, and those slides look soooo fun.