Thursday, October 9, 2008

Fun with Ray and Ru Too

I know that all this happened a couple of weekends ago, but I am trying to catch up. On the Monday after Spence was baptized Matt had the day off, so we took our parents to the Marine Museum. That really is a well-done museum. I still haven't seen all of the exhibits because there is so much to read and watch and listen to. My new favorite part is the playground in the woods. It was a perfect place to have a picnic and enjoy the nice weather. And to let Cam run around too.

At least someone in the family watches the news. Ray had to tell me that the Pentagon memorial had opened. You would think I would know about that-how embarrassing. We decided to go and see it. I circled the parking lot a few time before I figured out where to park, but then I thought it was a nice memorial. Every person who died in the crash has a bench. If their bench faces the pentagon then they were passengers on the plane. If their bench faces away from the pentagon then they were working in the pentagon. The benches were aligned by birth year which made it a graphic representation. I guess they still have some kinks to work out, because there was a crew there working and apparently they have to clean it non-stop.

I felt glad to be reminded of 9/11 and what happened. It is so easy to get comfortable and forget how many people have sacrificed for our freedoms and how many are still sacrificing. I don't fully understand it, but I am so thankful for all those who serve.








1 comment:

Merrill Family said...

That is so neat that you are able to see all of those types of things. And hey, cute hair Britt. I like it.