Monday, October 27, 2008

Fredericksburg Battlefield

We visited a new battlefield with Ru. It was humbling to learn about the awful battles there in Fredericksburg and the surrounding areas during the Civil War. Those men seem incredibly brave to me! It is a beautiful area now, and it was neat to see part of the original sunken wall that was there so long ago. The cemetery wall still shows signs of being hit by canonballs and bullets.










After the battlefield we walked around Historic Fredericksburg and had lunch at a fun place called Sammy T's that had very interesting food. Ru had to buy us some fudge to eat on the way home, mmmmmm.

3 comments:

Andrea S. said...

I think it's so neat that you live close to all the amazing historical sites, that's definitely another place we'll have to put on our to visit list. Your pictures are all so fun not to mention your shirt is really cute too!

Morris Family said...

I agree with the skidmore family that you guys live by such amazing places. We really need to save some money and come out there to visit. It is so nice to have mom come and visit. love and miss you guys.
love ali

SkidsKids said...

You know I can't begin to tell you how much I love coming to visit you guys but even more wonderful are the experiences you have given me. I'm sure you realize how much I enjoy going to historical sites and reviewing our country's history. I am so thankful to all those people who have generously given us our freedoms,sometimes even their all. God bless America!
Have a scarey halloween and fun trick or treating -- I will miss your fingers and eyeballs.
I love you and miss you. Please tell the boys how much I love them.
Nana