Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Troopers & other thoughts


There have been a lot of battles going on at our house lately. The boys love the Star Wars Clone Troopers new shows. Poor things have to watch them all tiny on the internet though. They crafted these helmets out of paper and they have held up mighty well!  They can hardly see through the eye holes and so when Matt plays with them, they make easy targets.

In other news, we had snow flurries yesterday so the boys got to open their snow presents. They each got a star wars guy and they were soooo excited. Cam calls his Soda(Yoda) and the Wheesy(Horsey, or the thing Yoda is riding).

I finally mopped my kitchen floor, did my dishes and the laundry is almost done--I never get all the way done. Maybe this is boring news, but I felt good about the floor!

I read Pres. Uchtdorf's message from the Relief Society broadcast and it made me feel HAPPY. You can read it here.  Favorite quote:  "The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul."

I have been doing a lot of photography lately so if you want to see, check out my photography blog--and leave me a comment:)

On election night the boys were having a political discussion.  I was impressed and I laughed hard when Sam corrected Nate saying "It is George "W" Bush, not George Bush."  Duh!  I'm pretty sure I didn't know the presidents whole name when I was five, or the candidates running.  Kids are smart these days!

I'm pretty sad because there is no candy corn to be found in the stores anymore.  I love those things, but it is probably better for my teeth this way.  Good thing they start putting out Halloween decorations in the summer.

Lastly, I can't wait for this weekend.  Fun in Utah, and the Twilight movie!



3 comments:

Morris Family said...

I love all of your thoughts. I felt like I could relate to all of them. There is nothing better than a clean kitchen floor, well maybe if I was done with all of the laundry. The Clones would definitly fit in our home, Henry would love to have more brothers to play light sabor battles. Our kids were really into the election this year. They got to vote in their school and Hannah and
Afton voted for "Rock" Obama and Henry voted for John McCain because they had the same first name. I am very excited to see you and hang out with the girls.
love ali

Jeni said...

Amen to the clean kitchen floor! Did you go to the midnight showing of Twighlight? Scott thinks I'm the biggest nerd for going with a bunch of my friends. I thought it was better than expected. I was actually worried I'd fall asleep! We're too old for that. The best part was watching the peanut gallery shreak and yell in the row in front of us. They were nearly as entertaining as the movie! Hope you had a fun trip. If I show Luke your boys' Clone Wars masks, I'll have to make one for him. We're a little obsessed around here! They are great!

Merrill Family said...

What a fun post. What is this with the Snow Present? The first time it snows? That's so fun! Love the helmets, they should go into business. They''ll have to make some here in Utah with the cousins. It was so fun to see you and have a girls night at Twilight. Loved it.