Thursday, March 19, 2009

Cockadoodle Zoo

I always mean to go to Cockadoodle zoo and this year we got pretty close. It is a morning when the zoo opens early for members and you can watch them feed the animals and some other behind the scenes things. The problem is that it is early on Saturday morning. Ok, not that early but for me to get up, get the boys ready, and be at the zoo in DC by 8 would be pretty miraculous because you know I am not a morning person. Especially not a Saturday-morning- after-we-stay-up-'til-1 morning person. So, we made it there by 9:30 and we got to see a huge snake eat a rabbit. Kind of horrifying. We enjoyed watching the elephant get bathed and we briefly saw the new baby gorilla. The Orangutans were funny with their ice popsicles. The female would pass them pieces from her mouth by sticking her lips way out so they could take it with their lips. Too bad we missed the free Krispy Kremes but I had a great morning with boys!



Some of the zoo cuties

3 comments:

jksfam said...

Cute! I LOVE red pandas!!! I remember going to the zoo with you guys - I have pictures, too!!! (Not as good as yours...)

Hillary Garner said...

We went to the zoo today! I miss the free DC Zoo that you have...what fun pictures! I love the monkeys...your boys and the wild kind!

Hilary said...

I love the pic of your boys with the Meerkats! so clever! What a fun zoo. I want to bring my boys out and visit it! Maybe one of these times when Zac is in town for business I can come and hang out with you guys!