Friday, February 20, 2009

38

Matt made it another year.  I like to tease him about being older than me, but really he just gets better each year.  He is a very dedicated father and I love that.   The boys adore him and can't get enough of him.  They love his little boy stories at night and they love playing catch, wrestling, hiking, reading, basketball, talking and even working with him.  I sometimes feel like I have to fight for attention, but that shows how much they love him and he loves them.   Matt is a good example to me and makes me try harder to be a better person.  He is patient and mild and good at seeing things clearly and helping me untangle my thoughts.  At least one of us is that way!  He like to try new things and explore and be outside.  I'm sure our family will have a lot of adventures in the future.  I'm glad he'll be in the lead!

We had a giant box of Fruity Pebbles for breakfast--how fancy!


Nate made him close his eyes and the others got in the box and then jumped out when he opened it.  They thought they were pretty sneaky.  

2 comments:

jksfam said...

Happy Birthday, Matt! Nice tribute, too, Brittany!

Ash-face and J-pants said...

Happy Birthday to Matt! Hope you guys are doing well.