Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Nate's Birthday

WOW! We have an eleven year old. Nate got to have a friend party this year and he chose to have it at Laser Quest. The boys were excited and hyper waiting for their turn and I think they had a lot of fun. They played two games and then we had a party room and ate pizza and cake and opened presents. All his friends (friend's parents) are so generous. I loved watching him interact with his friends. He was being silly and he looked happy. Most of the time the boys don't get together with friends, I guess because we get busy and there is not much time between school and dinner/homework time. They really are each other's best friends and I love that, but it was nice to see Nate with his school friends.

Nate is a fantastic kid. He is imaginative, friendly, kind, patient, obedient, and he has a fun sense of humor. I expect a lot from him, too much usually, and he bears it pretty well. We love having him in our family and can't imagine a better older brother.


The equipment was too heavy for Sam so the first game Matt wore his vest and Sam shot the laser gun, and the second game Sam dragged me around.  Twenty minutes never felt so long.
I went in to take pictures.  I didn't use a flash so you can't see any people in them, but I thought some of them turned out kinda cool.  




7 comments:

Morris Family said...

Happy birthday Nate! Wow that looks like fun. John would have loved to have been invited to Nate's birthday party. What a lucky kid!
love ali

Hilary said...

cool party Nate! Happy Birthday. You are such a great example to our boys, thanks! Holy cow you have a ton of friends!

Hillary Garner said...

Happy Birthday Naters! What a fun party...wish we could have been there...Uncle Tom would have loved doing the laser tag with you!

Amy said...

Didn't know there was a laser quest here...super fun...

Becca said...

Brittany, I am so bad at blogging, but I am glad you found me so I was able to look at yours. I love your hair! The boys are so cute in their jammies and clone trooper helmets (we have one of those too). We will definantly invite you for National Pie Day next year. In the meantime we should meet for lunch, or do a date for dinner. Becca

SkidsKids said...

Happy B-day Nate. That looks super fun. I hope you had a great day!
B i think we all expect a lot out of the oldest child. WoW an 11 yr old. What a great accomplishment!

xoxoxoxo
Heather

Andrea S. said...

Aaron got a good laugh about the hyper comment. I can't believe you took all those crazy boys to laser tag. We're glad Nate had a good birthday. We promise we were thinking about him even if we did forget to call.