Thursday, February 19, 2009

New Treat


I made ebelskivers this morning for breakfast.  They are so fun.  I couldn't find my mom's recipe so I did a quick search for a recipe and found a cheater recipe from Rachel Ray.  This was easy and fast so I'll keep it around, but my mom's is better and not made with Bisquick.  The process takes a while, so before everyone came in to eat I played with my new treat.  I got a 5D last week.  It is not the new version, but I'm still super excited.  The depth of field is awesome and I actually have a wide angle lens now!  

So, if you have an ebelskiver pan, whip up some of these.  We tried putting blueberries in the middle, marshmallows (not so great), and the favorite, leftover Mrs.  Millman's Chocolate Frosting from Matt's birthday cupcakes.

2 cups pancake mix
1 1/2 cups milk
2 eggs

Melted butter for pan and fillings of your choice.

7 comments:

Andrea S. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andrea S. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andrea S. said...

I have always wanted an ebleskeiver (sp?) pan. I think they look like so much fun to make and eat. Maybe I will need to come out with Aaron in March just so you can make me some :)

I'm glad to hear you are liking your new camera. Your picture looks great. I need to get mine out just to play with it. I'm definitely out of practice these days.

Perry Family said...

Love ebleskeiver's. We always make them at my mom's, but I don't have a pan yet. Yours look so... tasty. Love you blog and your very handsome boys!

Hillary Garner said...

Yummy! I love ebleskeivers! That's awesome you got a new lense...can't wait to see what else you do with it.

Jeni said...

I have an evelskiver pan. I'll email you my recipe. It's not your mom's, but it's not bad. I remember begging your mom to make them when I'd sleep over at your house. Those memories are why I bought the pan!

Sarah said...

We had aebelskivers as kids and loved them. I actually have a recipe for authentic ones (a neighbor friend in Alexandria from Denmark) and lemon mascarpone filling ones...if you want it. :) I love the blog. Your pictures are darling...I think the boys have something to do with that.